top of page

Help us improve

We are required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority to place our complaints procedure on this website but, we always want to improve our service so if you have any suggestions, please let us know. 

Sometimes legal work does not go as it should.  The outcome of legal work is always uncertain but if you think that what we are doing is not good enough then you should tell us immediately.


The first thing you should so is contact whoever is dealing with your case by telephone or email/letter to set out what your concerns are.  Hopefully we can then explain why events have happened as they have, or if we have not kept to our normal high standards we can make sure we get back to them for you.  It doe sometimes happen that other work overtakes us, but that is no excuse.


After this, if you do not want the person working on your case to continue working on it then it can be transferred to whoever has not been working on your behalf.


If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can write to us setting out what the complaint is. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.  Whichever of us has not worked on your case will review your complaint and respond in writing within 10 days.


The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will still not affect how we handle your case.


Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:


Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and


  • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or

  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.  


Please bear in mind that we only archive your file for 1 year before it is destroyed to ensure confidentiality.


For more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them:




Telephone    0300 555 0333


Writing         Legal Ombudsman

                     PO Box 6806


                      WV1 9WJ

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.


You are also able to obtain the Solicitors Handbook so that you can understand this firm’s obligations to you as our client.  The Handbook can be obtained from the web address:  Solicitors Handbook

bottom of page